Once the reverse lunge can be performed with proficient technique, try the Aqua power bag forward lunge. The main key with the forward lunge is to focus on folding the back knee and dropping the hips vertically downwards, rather than forwards and down which will cause your front knee to move over the front toe (something we want to avoid).
- Start with the Aqua bag in the rack position.
- Keep your core braced and torso vertical throughout the movement.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart and lunge forward placing the ball of your heel on the floor.
- Your front shin should remain vertical over your front heel and your back knee bent at a 90-degree angle and close to the floor.
- Drive through the front heel, squeeze the gluteal muscles on the front leg and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Pushing through the toes/ball of the foot.
Correction: Lift toes off the floor and drive down through the heels.