Very similar to the swing except you’ll immediately drop into a squat at the top of the upswing. The Bulgarian bag swing squat is an excellent leg builder with the hip hinge hitting the hip dominant muscles and the squat hitting the quad dominant muscles.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart with the bag resting against your legs and the main handles pointing upwards.
- Hinge the hips whilst keeping your chest proud and core braced, your torso should be at a 30–45-degree angle with your knees slightly bent.
- Grab the bag by the main handles keeping your shoulders packed down and a straight line between crown and coccyx.
- Keep your arms locked out and swing the bag back through the legs absorbing the force into your hips.
- Drive the bag forward with a powerful hip drive and extend your arms out in front of you whilst simultaneously performing a squat.
- Repeat the movement.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Rounding out the back and shrugging the shoulders.
Correction: Keep a neutral spine and your shoulders packed down.