The kettlebell windmill is excellent exercise for core strength, should stability and hip/hamstring flexibility. The movement requires skill and practice and a solid foundation of overhead shoulder stability and strength.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart
- Snatch or press the kettlebell overhead
- Rotate your feet at a 45-degree angle away from the lifting arm
- Hinge the hip and rotate your thoracic spine
- Keep the leg on the lifting side straight throughout the movement. The other leg can bend slightly
- Watch the kettlebell overhead as you slowly lower your torso towards the ground, go as low as your mobility allows
- Squeeze your glutes and drive your hips forward until you are in the standing position