The one-arm kettlebell shoulder press is a very effective upper body strengthening exercise that works the shoulder through a good range of motion and increases shoulder stability.
- Start with the kettlebell in a strong ‘racked’ position with the feet well grounded.
- Press the kettlebell up vertically, keep the forearm vertical and the wrist fixed throughout.
- Straighten the arm with the palm of the hand facing forwards.
- Stabilise the shoulder and contract the triceps so the arm is straight.
- Lower the kettlebell under control and pull it back into the ‘racked’ position.