The steel mace pendulum is a great practice drill for getting into the right position for the macebell 360 and 10-to-2 back swing. This exercise improves shoulder mobility, stretches the triceps and builds grip strength.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral.
- From the rack position perform a standing pullover.
- The mace should be behind your back centered along your spine.
- Keep your hands positioned behind your neck (not touching).
- Make sure your triceps are facing forwards and your elbows pointing upwards.
- Swing the mace side to side and gain momentum to increase the range of movement.
- Perform 10 reps in each direction.