The steel mace spiral curl press is a unilateral exercise that will really challenge your core to stabilize and control the load when the weight is overhead. Try not to lean and move the weight in a slow controlled manner.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Keep your core braced and glutes tight.
- Grip the macebell close to the mace head.
- Curl the mace with the handle pointing towards the mid-line.
- At the top position rotate the mace handle outwards and press overhead keeping your bicep as close to the mid-line as possible.
- Lower the mace and repeat.