The steel mace swing can be used as a transitional exercise used within complexes or for conditioning to work the posterior chain.
- Stand with your feet close together to allow the mace to swing on the outside of your leg.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Hold the mace towards the end of the handle.
- Hinge the hips and swing the mace on the outside of your leg.
- Forcefully drive your hips forward to generate enough force to move the mace bell upwards.
- Finish the movement when the mace reaches shoulder height.