The sandbag suitcase deadlift is a very under-utilised exercise that is excellent for building core strength and grip strength, this is another great unilateral exercise. Be sure to stay upright and maintain good postural alignment as the bag will want to pull you to one side.
- Start with the bag placed on the floor on the outside of your foot.
- Keep your chest proud, shoulders packed and brace the abdominals.
- Hinge at the hips, keep a neutral spine and look forward and down.
- Grab the bag by the carry handle and inhale into the belly.
- Drive through the hips, keep your weight on your heels and squeeze the glutes until your body reaches full extension.
- Exhale at the top.
- Reverse the movement.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Leaning from side to side.
Correction: Engage the core to stay upright and maintain good postural alignment throughout.