For those who are looking for ways just to lose weight, the book by David Zinczenko entitled ‘The 8-Hour Diet: Watching the Pounds Disappear Without Watching What You Eat!’ could be the answer. The primary concept regarding this diet program is that you’re able to eat for 8 of the 24 hours on a daily basis. This means that you’ll be fasting for 16 hours a day. In addition, the diet requires a brief 8-minute burst of exercise or physical activity once daily. Even though going on a fast just to lose weight isn’t a new idea, the concept of going on a fast for intervals is different.
For individuals starting this kind of diet, they have to decide when they should be fasting and of which 8 hours during the day will they be able to eat. For some, this may imply skipping their breakfast and have it in the late morning. The author, Zinczenko claim that dieters restrict their intake of food into a short-list of vegetable-based foods and lean protein, but they restrict of forbidding any kind of food with his diet. They want that people will start making healthy choices since the relationship is formed between eating healthily and feeling well. For those on a diet that have never fasted before, a gradual approach is suggested till the body gets familiar with the new diet plan. Little by little, people will manage to commit weeks to the program.
Here are some reasons to like the 8-Hour Diet:
- Without restrictions on food, those on a diet are still able to satisfy their cravings through the 8-hour period. As a result, they are more likely to stick with the program.
- Dieters can continue to savor their favorite foods, even though, they are restricted to specific times during the day.
- It controls the late night snacking, and that’s where lots of people consume more calories.
- The 8-minute physical aspect might speed up your results.
Here are also some of the downsides on the 8-Hour Diet:
- Possibilities of overconsumption through the 8-hour eating period. If a dieter eats just hamburgers and French fries for eight straight hours, absolutely no weight loss program works.
- The 8-minute physical activity part can be more difficult to do as the diet goes along because your body is at a net calorie deficit.
- Dieting is a temporary change of regular ways of eating. It’s much better to include a regular habit of eating healthily incorporated into your lifestyle. In spite of this, the program can trigger a behavioral change that might last a lifetime. The best and most effective diet is no diet ever – try to eat a balanced and healthy diet, you’ll never have to go on a diet from the very first.
Watch the video below to know more about the 8-Hour Diet:
Does the 8-Hour Diet Really Work?
The great thing about the 8-hour diet is about in its simplicity. Time decides when you are able to eat and hope that dieters start making sensible food choices when choosing which calories they’ll be taking in for the entire day. After a while, the 16-hour fasting period will help the body to acknowledge that the midnight snacking isn’t really an indicator of being hungry, but instead due to being bored. This is a great way to jump start a change to eating healthily and is bound to help you lose weight.
Dangerously Fit participants have access to a bunch of highly-qualified online personal trainers, as well as, Sydney’s top nutritionist who is definitely one of our own. Sign up for our bootcamps for a fast, safe and effective weight loss experience.