The Aqua power bag hollow hold and hollow hold tilts are more of an anti-rotation movement than it is a rotational movement. Your core is forced to engage and stabilise as the water will flow from side to side with the smallest of movements. This is an extremely challenging exercise so start by practicing the movement with your feet placed on the floor. Then, once you feel confident lift your feet into the air.
- Lay on the floor in the fetal position with your bag next to you, grab the parallel handles and use your bodyweight to roll the bag onto your chest.
- Bend both knees, plant both feet on the floor and brace the core.
- Take a deep breath and then exhale as you press the bag away from the body.
- Straighten the arms and lift the torso from the floor by engaging the core.
- Raise your feet off the floor, keeping them close together whilst trying to minimise movement.
- Hold for time.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Excessive foot movement.
Correction: Your feet should remain as stationary as possible, engage the core and focus on keeping them as still as possible.