The Aqua power bag side lunge is the frontal plane version of the lunge and are an excellent exercise for developing balance, stability and strengthening the quads, abductors, glutes, adductors, and hamstrings.
- Start with the Aqua bag in the rack position.
- Keep your core braced and torso vertical throughout the movement.
- Stand with your feet close together and lunge sideways placing your foot flat on the floor, your other leg should remain straight.
- Try to stay tall at the bottom of the movement, keeping your chest facing forwards.
- Drive through the heel, squeeze the gluteal muscles on the lunging leg and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Spinal alignment falling into flexion.
Correction: Keep the chest lifted and facing forwards.