This is the first exercise to learn as it’s the technique used to pick the Aqua Power Bag up from the floor for many exercises. Deadlifts are an important lift for any training program and is the foundation for learning many other lifts, it’s a fantastic exercise for challenging the posterior chain.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Point the toes out slightly.
- The Aqua bag will be positioned as close to your feet as possible.
- Hinge at the hips, keep a neutral spine and look forward and down.
- Grasp the bag with two hands.
- Inhale into the belly and keep the core braced.
- Drive through the hips, keep your weight on your heels and squeeze the glutes until your body reaches full extension.
- Exhale at the top.
- Reverse the movement.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Leaning too far forward
Correction: Sit back on the hips and keep the weight on your heels with your chest facing forwards.
Error: Over extending at the top of the movement.
Correction: Finish the movement with your ankles, knees and shoulder in a perpendicular to the floor.
Error: Losing neutrality through the spine
Correction: Keep your chest up and shoulders back.
Error: Looking downwards
Correction: Look 5-6 feet in front or towards the horizon.