Bulgarian bag deadlifts are an important exercise for any training program and is the technique used to pick the bag up from the floor for many Bulgarian bag lifting exercises.
- Stand with feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Place the bag on the floor in front of you resting up against your legs and the main handles pointing upwards.
- Hinge at the hips whilst keeping a straight line from crown to coccyx.
- Grasp the bag by the main handles.
- Inhale into the belly, keep the core braced and spine neutral.
- Drive through the hips and squeeze the glutes until your body reaches full extension.
- Exhale at the top.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Leaning too far forward
Correction: Sit back on the hips and keep the weight on your heels with your chest facing forwards.
Error: Over extending at the top of the movement.
Correction: Finish the movement with your ankles, knees and shoulder in a perpendicular to the floor.
Error: Losing neutrality through the spine
Correction: Keep your chest up and shoulders back.
Error: Looking downwards
Correction: Look 5-6 feet in front or towards the horizon.
- Romanian deadlift
- Sumo deadlift
- Suitcase deadlift