The Bulgarian bag front rock-it is an exercise I took from heavy club training, it’s a great movement for learning how to use your bodyweight as a counterweight to the weight of the bag.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart with the bag resting against your legs and the main handles pointing upwards.
- Hinge the hips whilst keeping your chest proud and core braced, your torso should be at a 30–45-degree angle with your knees slightly bent.
- Grab the bag by the main handles keeping your shoulders packed down and a straight line between crown and coccyx.
- Keep your arms locked out and swing the bag back through the legs absorbing the force into your hips.
- Drive your hips forward and upwards and let the bag swing forwards.
- Exhale when the bag is at the end of each swing.
- Inhale when the bag is in motion.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Allowing your shoulders to round forward during the front swing.
Correction: Keep your chest proud, shoulders packed down and lats turned on.