The Bulgarian bag military press is a very effective upper body strengthening exercise that works the shoulders through the full range of motion, increases shoulder stability and builds core strength.
- Start with the bag in the front rack position with your feet shoulder width apart and well grounded.
- Keep your spine neutral and knees soft.
- Press the bag vertically keeping your forearms vertical and wrists fixed throughout.
- Lock out your arms at the top of movement keeping your core braced and spine neutral.
- Lower the Bulgarian bag under control and pull it back into the ‘racked’ position.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Extending through the lumbar at the top of movement.
Correction: Keep your core braced and spine neutral.
1. Push Press
2. Shoulder to Shoulder