Although push ups are a not a movement unique to Bulgarian bags, I like the way the Bulgarian bag and Aqua bag can be used to add external resistance. Usually if you want to add resistance to push ups, you’ll need to either wear a weight vest or have someone place an external weight like a weight plate between your shoulder blades. These bags are ideal for weighted push ups as the crescent shape of the bag wraps around the body perfectly and the straps are used to hold the bag in place.
- Put your arms through the straps with the main handles pointing forward, the straps should be facing upwards.
- Get into the push up position with your hands slightly wider than shoulder width apart, core braced and a straight line running from ear to ankle.
- Let the crescent shape of the bag wrap around the lower back keeping your spine neutral throughout.
- Slowly lower yourself to the floor until your chest is just an inch or two away.
- Squeeze through the chest and push the floor away from you until you reach the starting position.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Arching the upper or lower back.
Correction: Keep the core braced and spine neutral throughout.
- Incline Push up