Bulgarian bag lunges are a unilateral exercise that improves balance and coordination. The bag can be held in various positions which will challenge the body in different ways. Many beginners find forward lunges more challenging to perform so we always start with reverse lunges.
- Start with the Bag in the Zercher position.
- Take a large step backwards and place the ball of your foot on the floor.
- Your front shin should be vertical and your back knee bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep your torso upright and core brace.
- Drive through the front heel, squeeze the gluteal muscles and return to the starting position.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Pushing through the toes
Correction: Lift the toes off the floor and drive through the heels
- Forward Lunges