The Bulgarian bag side rock-it is a similar exercise to the rock-it exercise we performed in the last video, but this time in the frontal plane.
1. Stand with your feet shoulder width apart with the bag resting against your legs and the main handles pointing upwards.
2. Hinge the hips whilst keeping your chest proud and core braced, your torso should be at a 30–45-degree angle with your knees slightly bent.
3. Grab the bag by the main handles keeping your shoulders packed down, arms locked out and a straight line between crown and coccyx.
4. Keep your core braced and your spine neutral throughout the movement.
5. Swing the bag laterally just outside of one leg, rotate the thoracic so your midline stays centred to the bag.
6. Focus on the opposite hip sway, so as the bag swings to the left of your body, counter the movement by swaying your hip to the right.
6. Exhale when the bag is at the end of each swing when it is heaviest.
7. Inhale when the bag is in motion when it is lightest.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Not countering the club at the end of the swing.
Correction: Really focus on getting your hips away from the club at the bottom of the swing.