The double kettlebell clean & press is a hybrid exercise and combines the kettlebell clean and the kettlebell press. To successfully perform this movement you will need to follow the teaching points of both movements.
- Initiate the movement with the swing.
- The elbows must remain tight to the body, think about holding a newspaper under your arm.
- When you initiate the clean your hands should stay close to the body and be on your midline, think about zipping up your coat.
- Let the bells move around the wrists and spear your hands through the ‘window’ of the bell.
- Brace and absorb the impact and keep the abs and glutes tight.
- Press the kettlebells up vertically, keep the forearms vertical and the wrists fixed throughout.
- Straighten the arms with the palm of the hands facing forwards.
- Stabilise the shoulders and contract the triceps so the arms are straight.
- Lower the kettlebells under control and pull them back into the ‘racked’ position.