The double kettlebell high pull is the precursor for the double kettlebell snatch. Controlling and stabilising two kettlebells simultaneously makes this exercise a very challenge movement.
- Initiate the movement with the swing.
- The elbow must remain tight to the body, think about holding a newspaper under your arm.
- When you initiate the clean your hand should stay close to the body and be on your midline, think about zipping up your coat.
- Let the bell move around the wrist and spear your hand through the ‘window’ of the bell.
- Brace and absorb the impact and keep the abs and glutes tight.
- Press the kettlebell up vertically, keep the forearm vertical and the wrist fixed throughout.
- Straighten the arm with the palm of the hand facing forwards.
- Stabilise the shoulder and contract the triceps so the arm is straight.
- Lower the kettlebell under control and pull it back into the ‘racked’ position.