The kettlebell clean & press is a hybrid exercise and combines the kettlebell clean and the kettlebell press. To successfully perform this movement you will need to follow the teaching points of both movements.
- Initiate the movement with the swing.
- The elbow must remain tight to the body, think about holding a newspaper under your arm.
- When you initiate the clean your hand should stay close to the body and be on your midline, think about zipping up your coat.
- Let the bell move around the wrist and spear your hand through the ‘window’ of the bell.
- Brace and absorb the impact and keep the abs and glutes tight.
- Press the kettlebell up vertically, keep the forearm vertical and the wrist fixed throughout.
- Straighten the arm with the palm of the hand facing forwards.
- Stabilise the shoulder and contract the triceps so the arm is straight.
- Lower the kettlebell under control and pull it back into the ‘racked’ position.