The steel mace 10-to-2 is a traditional macebell exercise and the exercise of choice during mace competitions. A similar exercise to the 360 except instead of completing a full 360 round the front of the body, the mace only goes from the 10 o’clock position to the 2 o’clock position.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Start in the rack position with your hands close to your naval.
- Push the mace head over your shoulder at the 2 o’clock angle.
- During the back swing keep your grip loose (just tight enough to hold the mace) and let your triceps go into full flexion so that your elbows are pointing upwards and your hands are behind your head.
- The mace should remain close to the body at all times.
- Pull the mace over the opposite shoulder and finish the movement in the 10 o’clock position.