The steel mace alternating lateral lunge is is similar to the lateral lunge except your perform a switch at the top and then lunge on the opposite side.
- Stand in a wide stance, at least 10-12 inches wider than shoulder width apart on each side.
- Grip the mace handle with one hand close to the mace head and the other at the end of the handle.
- Perform a lateral lunge on the opposite side to the mace head.
- Simultaneously lower the mace head towards the floor.
- Drive through the heel, squeeze the glute and return to the starting position whilst curling the macebell.
- Perform a switch at the top.
- Repeat movement on the other side.