The steel mace half moon is another great exercise I picked up from the guys over at New Breed Macebell. The Half Moon is a dynamic frontal plane movement that can be used for cardio conditioning, sport specific training or as a transitional exercise within a mace flow.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Keep your core braced.
- Grip the macebell in the rack position.
- Drop the macebell to one side, step into a half lateral lunge and catch the mace at the bottom position.
- Flip the macebell back up into the rack, control and stabilize the mace.
- Then repeat the movement on the other side.