Thor exercises’ generally refer to macebell exercises where the mace is held close to the mace head. It got this name from the hammer-wielding god named Thor who was associated with thunder in Germanic mythology.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Hold the mace close to the mace head.
- Keep your shoulder packed down and your forearm vertical throughout the movement.
- Press the macebell upwards from your should in a straight line.
- Contract the triceps so the arm is straight.
- Lower the macebell under control