The sandbag lends itself perfectly to the half-moon snatch which is an excellent movement for developing core strength in multiple planes.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Start with the sandbag placed vertically on the outside of your foot.
- Keep a neutral spine, hinge at the hips whilst looking forward and down (at the horizon).
- Grasp the sandbag with the two wide handles and keep the core braced.
- Drive down hard through the heels, explode your hips forward and squeeze the glutes.
- Simultaneously drive the elbows upwards, bringing the bag over the top of your head and down the other side.
- Repeat the movement.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Lifting through the upper body.
Correction: Focus on creating the force through the hip drive.