A variation of the prisoner get-up, the added weight of the sandbag makes this already challenging exercise even more metabolically demanding. This exercise will hit the legs, work the core and elevate your heart rate.
- Hold the bag in the Zercher or bear hug position.
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart and keep your core braced throughout the movement.
- From the standing position, drop to one knee, then the other knee.
- Keep your chest proud and shoulders back, retracted and packed down.
- Now, reverse the movement.
- Step into a low squat position, then drive through the heels, squeeze the glutes and extend the hips back to a standing position.
- Once you reach the top of movement, immediately drop into a squat.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Allowing the torso to tilt forward.
Correction: Keep your chest proud, shoulders back and torso tall.