The sandbag rotational shoulder clean is the transverse plane version of the shoulder clean demonstrated in the last video. This movement is excellent for developing rotational core strength as well as targeting the lower and upper body combined.
- Start with the sandbag placed vertically on the outside of your foot.
- Squat down, rotate through the thoracic and grab the bag by its sides or the handles.
- Keep your back flat, chest proud and core braced throughout the movement.
- Drive through the hips, keep your weight on your heels and squeeze the glutes until your body reaches full extension.
- Catch the bag on the shoulder at the top of the movement.
- At the top of the movement ensure your hips are fully extended, your chest is proud and your shoulders are packed down. The bag should NOT be touching your neck or resting against your head.
- Repeat the movement.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Lifting through the lower back.
Correction: Ensure you drive through the hips.