Aqua power bag reverse lunges are a unilateral exercise that improves balance and coordination. When teaching the lunge, oftentimes beginners will find the reverse lunge simpler to perform than a forward lunge because as it’s easier to keep the front knee aligned over the front heel.
- Start with the Aqua bag in the rack position.
- Keep your core braced and torso vertical throughout the movement.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart and lunge backward placing the ball of your foot on the floor.
- Your front shin should remain vertical over your front heel and your back knee bent at a 90-degree angle and close to the floor.
- Drive through the front heel, squeeze the gluteal muscles on the front leg and return to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Pushing through the toes/ball of the foot.
Correction: Lift toes off the floor and drive down through the heels.