The steel club shoulder cast is very challenging because not only do you have the leverage disadvantage of the club, you also have the disadvantage of having the clubs pointed 45 degrees away from the body.
- Keep your shoulders packed down, your core tight and glutes squeezed.
- Some thoracic extension is allowed with this exercise.
- From the order position, cast the club behind your back.
- Activate the lat and pull the elbow down and out to the side whilst extending the tricep.
- Hold the club out to the side at shoulder height for split second and repeat the movement.