Steel Club Outside 180’s is essentially the same as the inside 180, but instead of casting the club towards the midline of the body, we cast the club away from the body.
- Begin in the guard position.
- Your spine will stay neutral throughout the movement.
- Keep your hips and core tight and your shoulders packed down.
- Keeping your toes pointing forward, rotate the hips and spine outwards and cast the club away from the body.
- Lock out the elbows and keeping your shoulders packed.
- Let club swing a full 180 degrees (half circle).
- Draw the elbows backwards pulling the club back into the guard position.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Don’t let the club pull you off balance.
Correction: Move your body away from the club through the swing, for example; if you swing the club to your left, shift your weight to the right to counter the weight.