Similar to the swing, except you’ll finish the movement by locking out your arms at shoulder height. Another exercise where you should only use as little force as possible, the steel club push press will teach you to accelerate and decelerate which is an important skill for many types of sports.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Grip the neck with two hands close to the pommel.
- Hinge the hips and swing the club between your legs.
- Drive the club forward with a powerful hip drive
- At the top of upswing direct the club to the front order position then quickly extend and lockout the elbows so you end in the flag press position.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Allowing too much knee bend and performing a ‘squatting’ action.
Correction: Allow the club to swing past the knees then hinge the hips.