Very similar to the swing except you’ll immediately drop into a squat at the top of the upswing. The steel club swing squat is an excellent leg builder with the hip hinge hitting the hip dominant muscles and the squat hitting the quad dominant muscles.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Grip the neck of the clubbell with two hands close to the pommel.
- Hinge the hips and swing the club between your legs.
- Drive the clubbell forward with a powerful hip drive and extend your arms out in front of you whilst simultaneously performing a squat.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Rounding out the back and shrugging the shoulders.
Correction: Keep a neutral spine and your shoulders packed down.