Only attempt steel club thrusters when you are comfortable in the order position. The thruster is an excellent exercise to work both the lower body and upper body simultaneously which will elevate the heart rate quickly. To make the exercise more challenging you can perform single-handed thrusters. Use the free to hand to guide the club making sure that you have control of the club at all times.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Keep your core braced.
- Hold the club in the front order position.
- Squat, then on your way up simultaneously press the club vertically above your head.
- Once you have reached the top, engage the lats and pull the club back into the front order position whilst simultaneously flexing the hips into a squat position.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Losing control of the club.
Correction: Choke up on the club to a leverage you feel comfortable with.