The steel club outside clean is essentially the same as the inside clean, but instead of casting the club towards the midline of the body, we cast the club away from the body.
- Begin in the guard position.
- Your spine will stay neutral throughout the movement.
- Keep your hips and core tight and your shoulders packed down.
- Keeping your toes pointing forward, rotate the hips and spine outwards and cast the club away from the body.
- Lock out the elbows and keeping your shoulders packed.
- Let club swing until it reaches the other side of the body.
- Swing the club back the way it came and draw the elbows backwards pulling the club back into the guard position.
- Repeat the movement.