Pressing an unstable object like the clubbell far away from the body makes the steel club flag press a very challenging core exercise.
- Keep your core braced and quads and glutes tight throughout the movement.
- Ensure your shoulders stay packed down.
- Grip the club with your hands close to your naval.
- Activate your lats and pull your elbows down whilst you press the club forward and upwards whilst you also squeeze your pecs.
- Your hands will finish at chest height with your elbows locked out.
- Keep your lats activated whilst you draw the elbows down and the club back to the starting position.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Rushing through the movement.
Correction: This is an exercise that is best done in a slow controlled manner, do not try to rush through it.