The steel club two handed arm cast is our first progression in moving the club from the front of the body to behind the body.
- Hold the club in the guard position.
- If you’re casting the club over the right shoulder, the right had will be on top.
- Stand tall with your core braced tight.
- Pack your shoulders down and raise the club behind your head in a pullover type movement.
- Some thoracic extension is allowed but do not flare the ribs.
- Lower the club as far your shoulder mobility allows keeping the bicep of your top arm close to your ear.
- Engage the lats and pull elbow back down into the starting position.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Shrugging the shoulders.
Correction: Keep your shoulders packed down.