Similar to the steel club clean, except this time we catch the clubbell on the meaty part of the shoulder then immediately lower into a squat. The steel club shoulder clean works the posterior chain with the swing and the quad dominant muscles with the squat.
- Start with your feet at hip width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral, your core tight and shoulders packed down throughout the movement.
- Swing the club past the legs into the back swing.
- Just after the club passes the legs on the upswing start to decelerate the club.
- Catch the club at the top of the movement in the order position with your elbows tucked in tight to your ribs.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Squatting before the club reaches the shoulder.
Correction: Wait for the club to connect with the meaty part of your shoulder, then quickly lower yourself into the squat.