The Steel Club Two Handed Clean is a dynamic exercise that moves the clubbell from the swing into the order position. Here you can transition into another exercise or perform reps for time. When training with steel clubs try not to have the clubbell directly in front of your face (unless you want a very expensive visit to the dentist). A far safer variation is to bring the steel club back into the order or guard position.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Grip the club with two hands.
- Hinge the hips and swing the club between your legs.
- Forcefully drive your hips forward to generate enough force to move the club upwards.
- Decelerate the club and catch it in the order position.
- Make sure your elbows are tucked in tight to your ribs and your triceps are connected to your body.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Losing control of the clubs at the top of the upswing.
Correction: Stay relaxed during the swing and only use as much force as needed, keep elbows locked in tight close to the body once in the order position.