Squatting is one of the most fundamental exercises in strength training, using the Aqua Power Bag we’re able to implement a variety of different variations, each with their own unique value.
The barbell squat can be uncomfortable for many users when performing front squats and back squats. The Aqua bag is an excellent alternative. Holding the flexible handles in the rack position is far easier on the wrists, held in the back position the bag feels soft as it made from PVC and with water.
Additionally, the Aqua bag can be held in multiple ways to target different muscle groups. For example, during the shoulder squat you will be unilaterally loaded, whilst the bear hug squat is effective for simultaneously developing upper body strength.
- Hold the Aqua bag by the handles in the rack position with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Brace the abdominal and back muscles.
- Initiate the squat by flexing from the knees and hips.
- Lower slowly to a comfortable position (thighs parallel to the floor if possible).
- From the bottom position push the ground away keeping the chest lifted throughout to maintain a neutral spine.
- Keep knees in line with toes and heels down throughout.
- Return to the standing position and concentrate on getting the hips forward and squeezing the glutes.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Spinal alignment falling into flexion.
Correction: Keep the chest lifted and shoulders retracted.