The Bulgarian bag walking spin is extremely challenging so only attempt the walking spin when you can perform the spin with proficient technique. Like the walking swing, only use small steps when walking forward.
- Place the bag on the floor in front of you resting up against your legs and the main handles pointing upwards.
- With your feet shoulder width apart, hinge the hips and grab the bag by the main handles placing your thumb into the thumb crease, drive your hips forward and stand tall.
- Charge your weight to one side and simultaneously swing the bag in the opposite direction keeping your elbows straight.
- Swing the bag across the front of the body, keeping your head straight and at the top of the upswing whip your bottom arm around the back of your head like you’re performing a halo as you simultaneously take a small step forward.
- Rotate the hips and initiate the cast with the other arm bringing it over the head and pulling the bag downwards towards the floor. Let the bag swing across the front of the body shifting your weight as it passes across the mid-line and step forward with the other leg.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Losing control of the bag as you step.
Correction: Ensure you only take small steps.