Similar to the double kettlebell shoulder press, the kettlebell push press is a very effective upper body strengthening exercise. With the added momentum from the leg drive, the push press allows you to lift a heavier weight than a strict overhead press.
- Start with the kettlebells in a strong ‘racked’ position with the feet well grounded
- Use the knees and hips to drive the kettlebells overhead
- Keep the forearms vertical, your wrists fixed and straighten the arms
- Inhale as you push the kettlebells overhead
- Stabilise the shoulders and contract the triceps so the arms are straight
- Absorb the impact as you lower the kettlebells under control and pull them back into the ‘racked’ position
- Exhale as you catch the kettlebells