The steel mace bull whip is an excellent exercise for opening up the shoulders, building shoulder strength and mobility and increasing grip strength.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart in a boxers stance.
- Hinge the hips and initiate the movement with a swing.
- Drive your hips forward and let the mace swing upwards.
- Rotate your arm around your head (like a single arm halo) with the mace head pointing downwards.
- Once you have completed a full rotation around your head cast the mace away back into a swing.