The steel mace clean is a dynamic exercise that moves the macebell from the swing into a holding position. Here you can transition into another exercise or perform reps for time.
- Stand with your feet close together to allow the mace to swing on the outside of your leg.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Hold the mace towards the end of the handle.
- Hinge the hips and swing the mace on the outside of your leg.
- Forcefully drive your hips forward to generate enough force to move the mace bell upwards.
- Catch the macebell gently of the shoulder (trapezius)