The steel mace kayak is a great exercise to build rotational core strength. This exercise can be modified for beginners by keeping the feet on the floor.
- Grip the handle with your hands 12-15 inches apart.
- One hand should be close to the mace head and the other in the middle of the handle.
- Hold your torso and legs at a 45-degree from the floor.
- Keep your abs braced throughout the movement.
- Row the mace from side to side like you would a kayak whilst simultaneously moving your knees towards you chest.