Steel mace offset lunges are a unilateral exercise that improves balance and coordination. The macebell lunge is even more challenging due to the offset weight on one side of the body and the body having to stabilize and control the uneven load.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral.
- Hold the macebell across the front of the shoulders.
- Keep your elbows pointing to the floor and your shoulders packed down.
- Brace the abdominal and back muscles.
- Lunge backward keeping your torso upright.
- Your front shin should be vertical and your back knee bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Drive through the front heel, squeeze the gluteal muscles and return to the starting position.