The steel mace offset shoulder press really demonstrates the difficulty of lifting an offset load. You will need to pull with the hand that’s gripping the end of mace whilst pushing with the hand that is closest to the mace head. Your oblique’s and core will have to work to stabilize to keep the mace parallel throughout the movement.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral.
- Hold the macebell across the front of the shoulders with your hands shoulder width apart.
- Keep you elbows pointing down and your shoulders packed down.
- Press the macebell up vertically keeping the forearms vertical and the wrists fixed throughout.
- Stabilise the shoulders, contract the triceps so the arm is straight and put your head through the window at the top position.
- Lower the macebell under control.