The steel mace uppercut shoulder press brings a rotational element to the overhead press and combines pushing as well as pulling to give your core a fantastic workout. This exercise can also be combined with a squat or split squat to work the legs and tax the cardiovascular system.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Keep your core braced and glutes tight.
- Grip the macebell with one hand close to the mace head and the other at the end of the handle.
- Start the movement with the mace by the side of your body.
- Initiate the movement by pulling with the hand at the end of mace handle whilst simultaneously pressing with the hand that’s closest to the mace head.