The steel mace offset squat is a great exercise for the legs and core. You’ll not only build stronger legs, but you’ll also give your shoulders, arms and abs a great workout simply by holding the offset macebell in place.
1. Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with your toes pointed slightly out.
2. Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
3. Hold the macebell across the front of the shoulders.
4. Keep you elbows pointing down and your shoulders packed down.
5. Brace the abdominal and back muscles.
6. Initiate the squat by flexing from the knees and hips and actively pulling yourself to the floor
7. Keep knees in line with toes and heels down throughout.
8. Return to the standing position and concentrate on getting the hips forward and squeezing the glutes.