The steel mace power shovel is an exercise I learned from New Breed Macebell, it’s a similar exercise to the steel mace grave digger but more dynamic, works the legs more and even more metabolically challenging.
- Stand in a split stance.
- Grip the mace with one hand on the end and the other hand about 2/3rds down the handle.
- Point the mace head down and simulate a shovelling movement.
- At the top of the movement spear the mace upwards so that both hands are now at the end of the handle.
- Simultaneously move the back leg forward so you have both feet hip width apart.
- Reverse the movement and return to the starting position.